Tuesday, November 11, 2008

TWD: Cranberry Kugelhopf

It's Tuesdays with Dorie time again! Again I had NO idea what Kugelhopf is. BUT after doing some research, I found that it's pretty much a Bundt Cake from Austria! (Yes I know I like to simplify things!) I just recently bought a Bundt Pan from Target and was really excited to use it! I also have some cranberries left over so I made Cranberry Kugelhopf! The cake turned out SO moist and yummy! :)
Ingredients:

2 c all-purpose flour
1 c sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 c orange juice
1 egg
2 Tbsp oil
1 tsp vanilla
2 c whole cranberries

Prep:
  1. Preheat oven to 350F. Grease 12-cup tube pan.
  2. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda in a large bowl.
  3. Combine orange juice, egg and oil in a medium bowl. Beat until well blended.
  4. Add orange juice mixture to flour mixture. Stir until just moistened. Gently fold in cranberries.
  5. Spread batter evenly in prepared pan. Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.

2 comments:

Flourchild said...

Im glad you liked it. I was surprised Dorie said better to eat it that day. I liked it better three days from baking day. I used cinnamon chips in mine. I like your cranberry idea and your cake/bread looks tasty!

Pamela said...

This looks wonderful, too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...