Tuesday, November 4, 2008

TWD: Rugelach - My Cheater Version

It's Tuesdays with Dorie time again and this week we're making Rugelach. Now, I had NO idea what that is, but after looking at them, I thought they look just like sweet Croissants! Being the Lazy Baker that I am (and someone who hates waiting for the dough to chill and using a rolling pin), I totally cheated and used Pillsbury Crescents instead! I also used regular old Strawberry Jam (cuz that's what I had in the fridge) and they turned out REALLY yummy! I'm sure Dorie's version would've tasted more home-made but these were good enough for me! hehe

Ingredients: (4 cookies)

1 (4-count) pkg Pillsbury Crescents
1 Tbsp chopped nuts
2 Tbsp jam

Prep:

1. Preheat over to 350°F.

2. Unroll dough and separate into triangles. Spoon a thin gloss of jam in the middle and press nuts into dough. Carefully roll them up into crescents.

3. Bake 13 to 17 minutes or until edges are deep golden brown. Immediately remove from cookie sheet.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...