Saturday, November 1, 2008

Slow-Cooked Chicken Enchiladas

It's been a while since I used my good old Slow Cooker and I TOTALLY forgot how much I LOVE it! The last time I made chicken thighs, the meat fell off the bones and was SO tender, and this time was no different. I just threw them all in the slow cooker with chicken broth and seasoning, and let the Slow Cooker do its thing over-night. The next morning our apartment smelled SO yummy! There was a LOT of chicken meat, and I only used half for these Enchiladas. I'm guessing there will be a LOT more chicken dishes in the near future! This is my first time making Enchiladas, BTW, and they were a total winner! We have a ton of left-overs too, including some in the freezer for a quick weeknight meal! :)

Ingredients:

8 chicken thighs
1 c chicken broth
½ tsp ground cumin
½ tsp dried oregano
½ tsp salt

1 (16 oz) can Enchilada sauce
6 tortillas
1 jar salsa
1 can refried beans
1 c shredded Mexican cheese (for the tortillas)
3 c shredded Mexican cheese (for topping)

Prep:

1. Place chicken thighs inside slow cooker and cover with seasoning and chicken stock. Cook on low for 8 hours. Let chicken cool and shred.

2. Preheat oven to 400°. Microwave tortillas for 20 seconds to soften them.

3. Pour about half a cup of the Enchilada Sauce in the bottom of a 9" x 13" baking dish. Spread refried beans down the middle of a tortilla. Add shredded chicken and cheese. Roll up the tortillas and place seam-side down in baking dish. Repeat with the remaining tortillas

4. Pour the remaining Enchilada Sauce over enchiladas and top with remaining cheese.

5. Cover and bake for 25-30 minutes until hot and bubbly.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...