Friday, December 12, 2008

Cheeseburger Pot Pie

I had another Pillsbury Pie Crust left over from making my Twofer Pie so I decided to give this recipe a shot. It was SO yummy with the cheese and flakey crust! I would definitely make it again since it was SO easy too!

Ingredients:

1½ lb ground beef
¼ c chopped onion (½ medium)
¾ c ketchup
1/8 tsp pepper
1 c shredded sharp Cheddar cheese (4 oz)
1 Pillsbury® refrigerated pie crust (from 15-oz box), softened as directed on box

Prep:

1. Preheat oven to 450°F. In 10-inch skillet, cook ground beef over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until thoroughly cooked; drain.

2. Reduce heat to medium. Add onion; cook 5 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onion is tender. Stir in ketchup, pickle and pepper. Cook 2 to 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Spoon mixture into ungreased 9-inch pie pan. Sprinkle with cheese.

3. Remove pie crust from pouch; place flat over hot beef mixture. Seal and flute edge; cut slits in several places in crust.

4. Bake 13 to 20 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. After 8 to 10 minutes of baking, cover crust edge with strips of foil to prevent excessive browning.

1 comment:

Becky said...

I also love to cook. Usually I am pretty partial to only using my favorite cookbook, "Cooking with All Things Trader Joe's," by Deana Gunn and Wona Miniati. However your cheeseburger pot pie looks absolutely wonderful! I can't wait to try it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...