Wednesday, October 13, 2010

No Canned Salmon in These Cakes!

I used to think it was a waste of a perfect piece of salmon to make Salmon Cakes but not anymore! After trying these Curried Salmon Cakes from my Food Network Magazine, I can never go back to the canned stuff! The flavor was just so much more fresh and the texture is more moist. I thought it was strange to microwave the salmon with the curry powder but it was actually a great way to get the flavor into the fish. I didn't have any crackers so I just used regular breadcrumbs and the outside came out really crunchy (in a good way). I also skipped the mango salad (no mango) and just served the cakes with the Curry Tartar Sauce. The curry flavor was pretty intense but we loved them cuz we love curry!

1 comment:

Bo said...

I totally agree...Fresh is so much better than canned.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...