Monday, July 16, 2012

My Idea of Goulash is Different than My Hubby's

My hubby and I often have different definitions when it comes to food. For example, the first time I made Scones, he was expecting fried dough and I disappointed him with my baked version. Tonight, I informed him that I was making Goulash and he was surprised to find something that didn't resemble Sloppy Joe on top of Macaroni, which he grew up eating. My Goulash was more "Traditional", which is a Hungarian meat stew on top of noodles. I've actually researched for a while for the perfect recipe and came up with my own.


Ingredients:



1 Tbsp cornstarch
1 tsp paprika
1/2 lb boneless pork chops, cut into 1-inch cubes
1 Tbsp oil
1 Tbsp butter
1/2 c chopped onion
1 clove garlic, minced
1 c diced tomatoes, undrained

1/2 c chicken broth
1 bay leaf
Sour Cream, for serving
Egg Noodles, for serving
Prep:

1. Combine cornstarch and paprika in a bowl. Add pork and toss to coat. Set aside for 5 minutes.

2. Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add pork and brown on all sides 5 minutes. Remove and keep warm.

3. Turn heat down to medium-low and add butter. Once butter melts, add onion and brown for 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute.

4. Add tomatoes, broth and bay leaf. Bring mixture to a boil and add pork back. Cover and simmer until meat is cooked through, 10 minutes.
5. Discard the bay leaf and serve over noodles with sour cream on top.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...