Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Cooking with Bloody Mary Mix!

We always have a bottle of Mr and Mrs T's Bloody Mary Mix in the fridge for those mornings when hangovers demand that special drink. One day I opened the fridge and saw the bottle staring at me and came up with a great idea. Why not cook with it? I mean, Bloody Mary Mix is just a combination of tomato juice with lots of yummy spices that I can't imagine would NOT taste good in a dish. Anyway, tonight, I made Bloody Mary Chicken Thighs and they came out SO good! My hubby was actually shocked when I told him and praised me for being so creative! If you like Bloody Mary, you should definitely give this recipe a try!




Ingredients:


2 chicken thighs, bone-in, skin-on
1/4 c all-purpose flour
1 Tbsp vegetable oil
1 tsp Italian Seasoning
1 small zucchini, cut into 1-inch pieces
1/4 c onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1 c Bloody Mary Mix
Pasta, for serving


Prep:


1. Coat the chicken with the flour. Heat the oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook until well browned on all sides. Remove the chicken from the skillet. Pour off any fat.


2. Add the Italian seasoning, zucchini and onion to the skillet and saute until veggies are soft, 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds.


3. Add Bloody Mary Mix and bring to a boil. Deglaze and add the chicken back. Reduce the heat to medium-low. Cover and cook for 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Serve with the pasta.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...