Sunday, November 11, 2012

My Very FIRST Roasted WHOLE Chicken!

I'm a huge fan of chicken but did you know that I've NEVER roasted a whole chicken before? The closest I've come are Cornish Game Hens, which I guess aren't too far from this young chicken that I got from Trader Joe's. It's almost twice the size though and I was VERY intimidated at first. I had no idea what to do with it especially since it didn't fit in my slow cooker. (I have a small one.) I finally decided to just brown it in my big cast-iron skillet and then put it in the oven. I roasted it at 350 for about an hour and it was PERFECTLY moist and flavorful! The only seasoning I added was garlic powder and pepper. I served the thighs to my hubby with raisin stuffing and gave the breast meat to my girlfriend, who also thought the meat was moist and delicious! I'm SO gonna roast more chickens from now on! :)



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...