Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Cinco de Mayo!

We celebrated Cinco de Mayo with a mini fiesta at home starting with some beefy nachos. I recently discovered how to make nachos in the microwave and I swear it has changed my life! We both love nachos and order them every time we're at a Mexican restaurant but making them at home always seemed like such a hassle. It always seemed like a waste to turn on the oven just to melt some cheese. Now I just layer everything in a baking dish and stick it in the microwave for 1 min! These were made with Oscar Mayer Roast Beef and all the toppings! I just love the combination of the colors and you really can't go wrong with cheese and sour cream!



For our main meal, I made fish tacos with Gorton's Beer Battered Fillets. They're so easy to make and much healthier than deep frying your own fish! I was also super excited to find Old El Paso's Flat-Bottom Taco Shells! Not only do they stand up on their own but you can stuff them with more filling! On top of the fish I made a simple slaw with a mayo/sour cream dressing and of course, LOTS of cheese and tomatoes!




No Cinco de Mayo celebration would be complete without some Margaritas! I made ours with equal parts Tequila, Orange Liqueur, Blood Orange soda and just a splash of Sweet and Sour Mix. It's definitely our new favorite! Did you celebrate Cinco de Mayo?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...