Thursday, May 7, 2015

Muffins for Mommy!

Mother's Day is just around the corner and I've been baking up a storm for some treats to give my mommy! She doesn't bake but she sure loves baked goods! I thought I'd start off with something healthy and made some Banana Cranberry Spice Muffins with Fiber One Cereal in them. I also added chopped walnuts for some nice crunch and healthy fat. They came out great and make perfect little breakfast treats!


My mom LOVES pecans so I knew I wanted to make some Mini Pecan Pie Muffins for her. This was actually a complete fail the first time around because I followed the recipe and added the chopped pecans to the muffin cups before filling them with the batter. DO NOT DO THAT! It makes these muffins impossible to get out of the pan no matter how much cooking spray or butter you use. I was really sad to waste an entire pan but was determined to remake them. The next time around I left out the extra pecans on the bottom and they came out perfectly! They taste JUST like pecan pies but in cute little muffin form!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...