Tuesday, March 9, 2010

More Ravioli Filling

I had the last of my left-over Ravioli filling sitting in my freezer so I decided to try a muffin recipe I saw in a cookbook. They were awesome! There's something just so comforting about the smell of sweet potatoes baking in the oven. The pumpkin pie spice reminded me of how much I miss the holidays! Is it really only March?




Ingredients: (6 muffins)


1 c all-purpose flour
2 Tbsp sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 c mashed sweet potatoes
1/4 c maple syrup
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/4 butter, melted and cooled
1 Tbsp milk
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 c chopped walnuts
1/4 c raisins


Prep:


1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease or line 6 muffins cups.


2. In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and spice. In another bowl, stir together sweet potato, syrup, egg, butter, water and vanilla until blended. Add to dry ingredients and stir just to combine. Stir in walnuts and raisins.


3. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted in center of a muffin comes out clean. Cool 5 min before removing muffins from cups and finish cooling on wire rack. Serve warm or store in an airtight container at room temperature. These muffins freeze well.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...