Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Rachael Ray's Pork Chops

I don't make porkchops often cuz I'm always afraid of over-cooking them. I mean, you can't exactly serve pork still rare in the center. So pretty much all the times that I've made porkchops, they came out over-cooked and dry. Not THIS time! Since I've been on a "braising" kick lately, I thought I'd try it on some chops and found this recipe from Rachael Ray. It was so easy and took no time at all! The pork came out tender and (I'm quoting Greg here) "cooked to perfection!" I've always liked applesauce on the side of my chops so the apple slices worked really well. The potatoes also made this a hearty meal without needing any other sides. I just love one pot dinners!

2 comments:

Food Gal said...

I always love apples with porks. Apricots go so well, too. Pork and fruit are made for each other.

Unknown said...

mmm, that sounds delicious! I love the idea of a one pot meal and the recipe sounds almost healthy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...