Sunday, January 16, 2011

Copycat Tres Agaves except it's Even BETTER!

We LOVE Tres Agaves and go there at least every other week. We've probably tried just about every item on their menu and our favorite has got to be the Duck Confit Tacos. They come with this addicting sweet and spicy Pineapple-Avocado Salsa with Serrano Chiles and are just SO GOOD! The last time we ate them, Greg suggested that I should try recreating them at home and you know I can't turn down a challenge like that! I did some research on how to make Duck Confit and decided to try this easy method from Simply Recipes. It took a while for the duck to cook but the meat became so tender and the whole apartment smelled amazing! As for the salsa, I followed Melissa D'Arabian's recipe and substituted Serrano Chile for the Jalapeno. For the tacos, I stuffed small tortillas with shredded duck meat, topped with shredded Mexican cheese, and pan-fried them a few minutes to melt the cheese. Then I served the tacos with Pineapple-Avocado Salsa on top. I was VERY proud of myself and Greg claimed that they were even better than Tres Agaves and that's saying a LOT!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...