Saturday, February 12, 2011

Wishing it was Summer with Orange Creamsicle Muffins

Do kids still like Orange Creamsicles? I know growing up, they were my favorite summertime treats. It's no where near summer but I decided to bake some muffins that remind me of those creamy frozen goodies. These are my Orange Creamsicle Muffins and they are SO good! I used canned mandarin oranges but fresh orange sections will definitely work as well. At least it's nice out so I can pretend it's getting close to summer!




Ingredients: (6 muffins)


1 c all-purpose flour
1-1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 c (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
1/1 c sour cream
1/4 c sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 c canned mandarin oranges, drained


Prep:


1. Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Grease or line 6 muffin cups.


2. In a large bowl, mix together the flour, butter, sour cream, sugar and vanilla. Gently fold in the oranges.


3. Divide the batter evenly among the prepared muffin cups. Bake until golden and a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean, about 20 to 25 minutes.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...