I can't even explain how much we LOVE stuffed shells at our house and our love for Mexican food is no secret either. So tonigh, I decided to combine our 2 obsessions with Mexican Stuffed Shells. They're stuffed with Chorizo and cream cheese and cooked in a taco sauce. The best part is the topping which were crushed tortilla chips and sour cream. YUM YUM!
6 Jumbo pasta shells, cooked al dente
1/4 c onions, chopped
1/2 lb chorizo
4 oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 c taco sauce
1 c shredded Mexican cheese
1/4 c crushed tortilla chips
Sour cream, for serving
Green onions, for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a small baking dish.
2. Cook chorizo in a skillet over meidum-high heat 5 minutes, stirring until browned. Stir in cream cheese and stir until cheese is melted. Remove from heat.
3. Fill pasta shells with meat mixture and place in baking dish. Pour taco sauce over shells.
4. Cover and bake 20 minutes. Uncover, sprinkle with cheese and bake 10 minutes longer until cheese is melted.
5. Garnish with tortilla chips, sour cream and green onions before serving.