Monday, July 12, 2010

Lemony Raisin Walnut Muffins

I had some lemons laying around so I used them to make some Lemony Raisin Walnut Muffins. I used my Daisy Pan cuz when I think of lemons, I think of sunshine and flowers. (Not the case in SF this week, but one can dream...)



Ingredients: (6 muffins)


3/4 c all-purpose flour
1-1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/3 c brown sugar
1/2 rolled oats
Zest of 1 lemon
1 egg
1/4 c vegetable oil
1/2 c milk
1/4 c raisins
1/4 c chopped walnuts


Prep:


1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Line or grease 6 muffin cups.


2. In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt and brown sugar. Add oats and lemon zest.


3. In a mixing cup, whisk together the egg, oil and milk. Add to dry ingredients and stir just until moistened. Stir in raisins and walnuts.


4. Spoon batter into prepared muffin pan, filling 3/4 full. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until golden brown and toothpick inserted into a muffin comes out clean.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...