Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Muffins to Share with my Girls!

I have some girlfriends visiting this weekend (including my future sis-in-law!) so I baked some Strawberry Muffins to share. I'm the baker of the group (surprise surprise!) so I'm sure they're expecting a yummy treat and these sure won't disappoint!




Ingredients: (12 muffins)


1/2 c sugar
2-1/2 c all purpose flour
1 Tbsp baking powder
2 eggs
1 c buttermilk
1/2 c (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 c fresh diced strawberries


Prep:


1. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Place 12 paper baking cups in a muffin pan.


2. In a medium bowl, combine the sugar, flour and baking powder with a spoon. In a large bowl, lightly beat the eggs and combine them with the buttermilk, butter and vanilla extract with a whisk until smooth. Add the dry ingredients and stir until well incorporated. Add the diced strawberries and stir until combined. Spoon the batter into the baking cups.


3. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven and cool for 5 minutes.

4 comments:

Food Gal said...

So delicious with fresh strawberries. I bet they were a huge hit!

Kat said...

I love strawberry muffins. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. I am trying to follow you but don't see a follow button. Please visit my blog often as I am always posting new recipes and having giveaways. Kat

the happy family said...

love strawberry anything! yum!!

Unknown said...

Those sound so sweet and cute, I bet they were delicious.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...