Thursday, July 10, 2008

Happy Birthday JK and Jay!

It's Thursday night and that means I'm baking up some new concoction for Friday! I'd been wanting to try out Kat's mom's Pineapple Cookies recipe for a while now and I thought they'd be GREAT as a summer treat! I tweaked them by adding some coconut flakes on top (I got the idea from Cookie Madness) and they were light and SUPER moist! Thanks Kat! :)

Ingredients: (4-5 dozen cookies)

1 c brown sugar
1 c white sugar
1 c butter or margarine
2 eggs
1 can crushed pineapple (15 ¼ oz), drained reserving 2 Tbsp juice
1 ½ tsp vanilla
4 c flour
½ tsp salt
1 ½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp baking powder
Shredded sweetened coconut for topping cookies (optional)

Preparations:

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Cream sugars and butter. Beat in vanilla and eggs. Add flour mixture slowly. Stir in pineapple and juice.
3. Drop by teaspoonful onto ungreased cookie sheet. Sprinkle shredded coconut on top of each cookie.
4. Bake in 400 degree oven for 10 to 12 minutes.

With some left-over cookie batter, I baked 2 CUTE Pineapple Upside-Down Mini-Cakes for JK and Jay's birthdays! I just buttered the bottom of a small round Ramekin, placed a slice of pineapple on the, topped it with the, filling it almost to the top, and baked it for about 25 minutes. Then I flipped it upside-down into a container and stuck a Hershey's HUG in the middle. They were SO cute and yummy! :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

this cake was the BOMB!!! i can't believe JK wolfed it down so fast. thanks, Yi!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...