Saturday, May 19, 2012

French Toast Made the Night Before!

I've been so busy on weekend mornings that I haven't had time to make brunch in a while now. So when I saw a few recipes online for Overnight French Toast that's assembled the night before and then just baked in the oven the next morning, I knew I had to give it a try. My hubby LOVES French Toast so it was a winner all around! The bread turned out very light and fluffy and we both loved it!


Ingredients:


4 slices sourdough sandwich bread, cut into 1-inch cubes (2 cups)
2 large eggs
1/2 c of half-and-half
2 Tbsp maple syrup (plus more for serving)
1 tsp of vanilla
1 tsp of cinnamon


Prep:


1. In a bowl, whisk together eggs, half and half, maple syrup, vanilla and cinnamon. Add bread cubes and toss until all of the cubes are coated. Pour into buttered dish.


2. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour and up to overnight. Bake at 350°F for 20-25 minutes.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...