Tuesday, January 19, 2010

A Big Bowl of Chili on a CHILLY Night

The weather has been wet and cold here in SF, so I decided to make something that'll warm out tummies. I picked up a bottle of Hormel Chili Master Three Bean Chili and knew it would be the perfect base for our dinner! I started by browning some Italian sausage (casing removed, of course!) and threw in the rest of the left-over meatloaf. Then I added some sliced mushrooms and sauéed them until they were soft. Then I emptied the jar of chili to heat through. While that was happening, I made some cornbread muffins using the good old Jiffy Mix, following the instructions on the back of the box and adding some shredded cheddar cheese to the mixture. The muffins went into the oven for about 15 minutes, which was all it took for the chili to be ready as well. Dinner was served with some more cheese on top and a sprinkle of green onions! What a great way to warm a rainy cold night!


1 comment:

Mireya said...

This IS the perfect cold evening dinner!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...