Sunday, January 24, 2010

I Bought A Jar of Mustard Aioli...

I picked up a jar of Mustard Aioli from William Sonoma last week during their Annual Winter Sale and couldn't wait to try it! (You know me and my condiments!) I was thinking about making Fish Sandwiches but saw this can of Lump Crabmeat at Trader Joe's and decided that Crab Cakes would be even better! I was SO right! The Aioli paired perfected with the crab and I used fresh breadcrumbs which made them light and very moist. I'm definitely glad I have more Aioli left to experiment with!



Ingredients: (6 crab cakes)


3 Tbsp butter, divided
1 shallot, chopped
1 Tbsp sour cream
1 Tbsp mayo
1 tsp dried mustard
1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp hot sauce (I used Tobasco)
1 lb lump crabmeat
1 c fresh bread crumbs
2 Tbsp vegetable oil
Mustard Aioli
Green onions or chives(optional)


Prep:


1. Heat 1 Tbsp butter in a small skillet over medium heat. Sauté shallots until soft, about 5 minutes. Set aside to cool.


2. Mix together sour cream, mayo, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and hot sauce. Add crabmeat and bread crumbs. Stir until combined. (Do not overmix!) Shape in 6 patties.


3. Heat 1 Tbsp oil and 1 Tbsp butter in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. When butter has melted, place 3 patties in the skillet. Cook for about 5 minutes, until the bottom has browned. Carefully flip the patties over and cook another 5 minutes on the other side. Remove from skillet and add the remaining oil and butter. Repeat with the remaining 3 patties.


4. Serve warm topped with Aioli and a sprinkle of green onions or chives, if using.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...