Thursday, January 28, 2010

Slow Cooked Chicken Stroganoff

There's no better way to cook chicken thighs than in a slow cooker. The juicy dark meat gets so tender, it falls off the bones! Chicken thighs go on sale quite often, especially the HUGE Extreme Value Packs, so I usually cook half of them and keep the rest in the freezer. You don't even really need to defrost the thighs before you throw them in the slow cooker. You just have to cook them a couple of hours longer. I usually make a big batch of chicken over the weekend and then I have chicken to make dinners with all week! Tonight I used some to make this Chicken Stroganoff. I just sautéed up a small onion and some mushrooms. Then I stirred in some of the broth from the slow cooker along with about 2 Tbsp of flour. I let that boil for a couple of minutes and then stirred in about a cup of sour cream. It was the PERFECT creamy sauce for my egg noodles along with some tender, juicy chicken! And for a special finishing touch, I added a few sprinkles of fresh parsley. An easy and yummy weeknight meal!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...