Friday, January 15, 2010

Savory Baking at its BEST!

I had some Half and Half in the fridge that needed to be used up. I found this recipe from the Land O'Lakes website for Parmesan Bacon Biscuits and thought they would be perfect savory treats! I didn't have any Bacon Bits (I don't believe in dried up meat-wannabes) so I substituted some diced ham instead. I also used 1 cup of regular flour with 1/4 cup of whole wheat flour for that nutty flavor (and to make me feel better about eating them, of course!). They turned out SO good! Crunchy on the outside and flakey on the inside! The little bits of ham gave them just enough of a meaty texture, which went perfectly well with the salty Parmesan cheese. They're just perfect as a snack but I can't wait to have them for lunch with some tomato soup!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...