Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Biggest Loser on the Food Network?


I'm sure that anyone who watches the Food Network has seen an ad for their new competition shows, Worst Cooks in America. It sounded like a pretty interesting (or at least different) idea, so I thought I'd give it a shot. I watched the first 2 episodes on On Demand last night and couldn't really get into it. It felt a lil too much like The Biggest Loser to me, where Anne Burrell and Beau MacMillan basically put these contestants through cooking bootcamp. It also felt a bit unrealistic cuz you really can't expect someone who can barely make Mac and Cheese to recreate a complicated dish like Shrimp Cacciucco or Poached Tiger Prawns on their first try. The emotional commentaries are unnecessary as well, cuz we're just COOKING here, not going through a divorce or death in the family! I may give this show another chance if there's nothing else on TV but I'd much rather watch Chopped or Iron Chef anyday!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...