Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Benefits of Being a Foodie!

One of the MANY benefits of being a Foodie is FREE SAMPLES and the folks over at Marx Foods was nice enough to send me some of their gourmet condiments. I couldn't wait to test them out and my first pick were the Dried Thai Chilies. I tested them out in some Spicy Lemongrass Chicken inspired my Charles Phan's recipe. If you live in SF, you probably know that he's the proud owner of the popular modern Vietnamese restaurant, Slanted Door. I say "inspired by" cuz of course, you know I usually substitute with ingredients I have on hand. One of the new condiments I discovered recently was Gourmet Garden's Lemon Grass in a tube. I always get their Ginger cuz it's so convenient and the same goes for Lemon Grass. The aromas of all the different spices in this dish smelled AMAZING and we couldn't wait to taste it! OMG it was SO good and was just perfect with the Rice Noodles! I have another Charles Phan recipe to try so stay tuned!




Ingredients:


2 skinless, boneless chicken thighs, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
1 Tbsp canola oil
Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
1 tsp lemongrass, minced
1/4 c red onion, diced
1/2 tsp garlic, minced
2 Tbsp chicken broth
1 tsp fish sauce
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp oyster sauce
1 tsp Asian chili paste
2 large scallions, cut into 1/2-inch lengths
3 small dried red chiles
Rice Noodles, for serving


Prep:


1. In a skillet or a wok, heat the canola oil on medium-high. Add the chicken and stir-fry over high heat until browned in spots, about 3 minutes. Transfer the chicken to a plate.


2. Add the lemongrass, onion and garlic and cook over high heat, stirring, until fragrant, 2 minutes. Add the chicken broth, fish sauce, sugar, oyster sauce, chili paste, scallions and chiles; bring to a boil. Add the chicken to the sauce and simmer until heated through. Serve over rice noodles.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...