Saturday, December 18, 2010

Tis the Season for Gingerbread!

Nothing says Christmas like Gingerbread but instead of making regular cookies, I made Biscotti and they turned out amazing! I found the recipe came from my Mother-in-Law's Fine Cooking Magazine during Thanksgiving and couldn't wait to try it. The only change I made was substituting dried cranberries for the apricots cuz I just love the red color for the holidays. I really like Biscotti and they're actually fairly easy to make. They're just a bit more time-consuming than regular cookies but totally worth it! I like mine very crunchy so I bake them for another 20 minutes the 2nd time around. I remember the first time I succeeded at making Biscotti and was so proud of myself. I've come a LONG way from then! Sometimes I look back on my blog and I'm so glad I started it cuz it really is a great way to see how far I've come from someone who barely knew how to make spaghetti!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...