Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Our Early Christmas Dinner

Greg is flying down to his parents' house tomorrow so we celebrated Christmas early and I couldn't wait to tear open my presents! As always, my hubby showered me with lots of goodies and my biggest surprise was the awesome Mandolin he got me! I had attempted to make Sweet Potato Chips over the weekend and totally failed cuz my Mandolin wasn't able to cut the potatoes paper-thin. I had mentioned getting a better one and didn't know he actually took that as a hint! I'm such a lucky girl! For our special Christmas dinner, I cooked up some yummy pork chops with cranberry stuffing and creamy pear sauce served over mashed sweet potatoes. I'm proud to say that it's my own recipe and it was REALLY REALLY good! Yummy dinner with lots of presents, what more could you ask for? I just LOVE the holidays!




Ingredients:


2 Tbsp unsalted butter, divided
1 c apple juice
4 oz stuffing mix
1/4 c dried cranberries
2 1-inch-thick bone-in pork chops
Salt and pepper
1 Tbsp oil
1/2 c onion, chopped
1 Dole Pear Cup, undrained
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1/2 c heavy cream


Prep:


1. In a small pot, Bring 1 Tbsp butter and apple juice to a boil. Add the stuffing mix and cranberries. Cover and take off heat.


2. Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the chops and brown for 5 minutes on each side. Transfer to a plate and keep warm.


4. Add onion, pear and thyme to pan. Cook, stirring up any brown bits, until browned, 5 minutes. Add cream and bring to a boil. Cook until reduced and thickened, 5 minutes. Stir in remaining 1 Tbsp butter. 


5. Serve chops over mashed sweet potatoes topped with stuffing and pear sauce.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...