Monday, August 15, 2011

Conquering My Fear of Steak!

I have a deep dark secret...I've never cooked a steak before. Why? Cuz it scares me. Well, tonight I've conquered my fear and I'm damn proud of myself! I followed this recipe Peppercorn-Crusted Top Sirloin, except I finished my steak in the oven after searing it on both sides. It came out PERFECTLY medium rare, which is the way we like our steaks. The crust was the BEST part and the creamy mushroom sauce was such a nice compliment to the meat. I served my steaks with some Mashed Potatoes and it was definitely a restaurant-quality meal!

1 comment:

Food Gal said...

That IS the key to perfect steaks and pork chops -- sear both sides on the stovetop, then finish cooking in the oven. That way they don't dry out.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...