Tuesday, August 30, 2011

A Twist on the Retro Tuna Noodle Casserole!

Tuna Noodle Casserole is such a retro dish and totally takes me back to my childhood. I mean, who doesn't love creamy noodles with a crunchy crust? My hubby wasn't feeling well and was craving some comfort food so I thought it was the perfect time to make this dish. Instead of tuna, I used Imitation Crab (which is one of his favorites!) and it turned out amazing! For the sauce, I used a can of Cream of Chicken Soup (ran out of mushroom) and a cup of Half and Half. Then I topped everything off with Corn Flake Crumbs for some extra crunch! Easy and comforting and hopefully made my hubby feel better! :)

2 comments:

Passionate Eater said...

I would have never thought to substitute imitation crab for the tuna! Ingenious!

Food Gal said...

I never tire of tuna noodle casserole. One bite sends me back to my childhood -- with pleasure.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...