Monday, August 22, 2011

No One Knows Comfort Food Like Paula Deen!

I've always dreamed of having a grandmother like Paula Deen who would pass down family recipes that remind me of my childhood. Sadly, the only recipes I've inherited involve a microwave or drive-through. (Not that I don't love my mom for being such a great single parent!) I just sometimes wish I could whip up something that would take me back to being a kid running around the house (although the smell of McD or KFC usually does). Oh well, one can always dream and there's always Paula Deen's recipes! Tonight, I made her Beef Stroganoff and it was comfort food at its best! The meat was tender and not chewy at all like some of the ones I remember. This recipe is definitely a keeper!

1 comment:

Food Gal said...

I was just talking to a friend about beef stroganoff. We were saying how it's one of those dishes you grow up on, but don't end up eating much of as an adult. It's like our generation doesn't ever think to make it. A shame, since it's such classic comfort food.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...