Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Juicy Pears = MUFFINS!

I saw some juicy PEARS on sale at Safeway and decided to bake something with them. I know it's not a very traditional ingredient for muffins, but hey, that's why we experiment right? I did some research online to find a recipe but nothing seemed perfect. SO I just combined a bunch of the ones I saw and tweaked them to make my very own ORIGINAL Pear Walnut Muffins! Look how YUMMY they look with the butter all melting in the middle! :)

Ingredients: (6 muffins)

¼ c sugar
1 c all-purpose flour
¼ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
½ tsp baking powder
2 ripe pears, medium sized, stems, cores and skin removed

1 egg
2 Tbsp vegetable oil
½ c chopped walnuts

Prep:

1. Preheat oven to 375ºF.
2. Chop pears into chunks and grate them in a food processor.

3. Beat together grated pears, egg, and oil. Stir in dry ingredients.
4. Add walnuts and mix gently.
5. Put batter in lined muffin pan and bake for 25 minutes, until toothpick inserted comes out clean.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...