Wednesday, October 21, 2009

LOTS and LOTS of Meatballs!

I had 2 lbs of ground beef in my freezer and decided to makes a LOT of meatballs! I've read somewhere that they're great to make ahead and freeze for later so that's what I did. It was quite a large amount of beef and made 35 meatballs! I froze about a dozen of them, kept another dozen in the fridge and the rest was DINNER! I love making meatballs cuz they're so versatile. You can add just about any type of seasoning or sauce to fit the type of meal, whether it be sandwiches, pasta or even appetizers! These were very simple and consisted of an egg, regular breadcrumbs, some garlic salt, Italian seasoning and Worcestershire sauce (I didn't really measure). Here they are ready to go into the oven...



...400°F and 15 minutes later, I toasted up some French bread (cute mini baguettes!) and melted a few slices of Provolone cheese. What a beauty huh? I am SO glad we have lots of left-overs!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...