Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Using My Fresh Dill!

My dill is getting pretty big, so I decided to use some up. I did some research and found that it pairs really well with salmon so I decided to make some Salmon Patties. I got pretty creative with ingredients I had on hand and they turned out great! I just served them on top of some Couscous, which really soaked up the yummy Tomato Dill Sauce!



Ingredients: (2 patties)


1 egg
10 Wheat Thins, crushed
1/4 c dried breadcrumbs (I used Italian style)
1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1/4 tsp garlic salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1 can (14-3/4 oz) salmon, drained, bones and skin removed
1 Tbsp butter


Tomato Dill Sauce:


1 small onion, caramelized (see how here)
1/3 c mayo
1/2 tsp lemon-pepper seasoning
1 tsp fresh dill
1 small tomato, diced


Cooked Couscous


Prep:


1. To make the patties, combine the first 6 ingredients in a large bowl. Crumble salmon over mixture and mix well. Shape into 2 large patties.


2. Melt butter in a medium skillet. Fry patties over medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until browned on the outside.


3. Mix sauce ingredients together and serve over patties and Couscous.

1 comment:

Jeff said...

Now you really have me jealous because I miss dill. We only get it about 1-2 months a year before the weather spikes and it dies. Dill and salmon bestest friends and nicely done!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...