Monday, August 30, 2010

Creamy and Corny!

Can you believe I've never had Cream-Style Corn? I picked up a Delmonte can over the weekend to make some Creamy Corn Muffins from one of my Cookbooks. I opened the can not knowing what to expect but was pleasantly surprised. I love the texture of the corn and they made the muffins so moist and creamy! I also used buttermilk instead of regular to add some tangy flavor and they came out just perfect and pretty as a flower!




Ingredients: (6 muffins)


1/2 c all-purpose flour
1/2 c yellow cornmeal
2 Tbsp granulated sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 egg
1/2 c buttermilk
1 Tbsp butter, melted
1/2 c cream-style corn


Prep:


1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease or line 6 muffin cups.


2. Combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and salt in a bowl. In a large measuring cup, whisk together egg, buttermilk, butter and corn. Add to flour mixture, stirring only until combined.


3. Fill cups 2/3 full. Bake 15-20 min until toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...