Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Putting a British Spin on my Sole

I've been searching for some different recipes (not that I'm tired of the Food Network or anything!) and stumbled upon BBC Good Food. It's a UK food website that has a lot of great recipes and tips. Besides European cuisine, they also feature ethnic dishes like Indian, Chinese and Moroccan. The How to Cook section is especially useful for me cuz it includes a Conversion Calculator which I use for all the ingredients since they're in Metric measurements. It's really fun and interesting to try new takes on food other than the usual American recipes. (Although there's NOTHING wrong with the good old pizza and meatloaf!) One of the recipes I thought looked really yummy was the Panfried Dover Sole with Warm Tomato Compote. I don't think I've ever made Compote before, especially not with fish so I really wanted to try it. It's a recipe by Gordon Ramsay and knowing how successful that guy is (although very mean to his contestants!), how can you go wrong right? It was the perfect weeknight meal, quick and yummy! (Of course, my Dover Sole came in cleaned fillet form so I got to skip the fun steps of cutting the head off and removing the bones!) The Tomato Compote was super simple to make and the Balsamic flavor was just perfect on top of the fish! I served it on top of some Rice Pilaf and Greg love it. I can't wait to try some other recipes!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...