Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Parsley Overload!

Can someone please tell me why fresh herbs come in such huge bundles? I mean, they only last about a week and I can never seem to use them up fast enough. Anyway, I bought some parsley over the weekend and so I made Parsley Cheese Scones. I haven't made scones in a while and was really craving some. These turned out great even though I was a bit doubtful since the dough was REALLY sticky! I guess I should've learned by now that a sticky dough equals moist scones huh? Having a food processor mix my dough really makes my life easier too!




Ingredients: (8 scones)


2-1/4 c all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 c (1 stick) cold butter, cubed
1 egg
1 c whole milk
1 c shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 c chopped fresh parsley


Prep:


1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.


2. In the bowl of a food processor, combine flour and baking powder. Add butter and pulse until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.


3. Add the egg, milk, cheese and parsley. Pulse until mixture comes together, about 10 pulses.


4. Transfer to prepared baking sheet and pat into a 10-in circle.


5. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 10 minutes and cut into wedges.

1 comment:

Kita said...

I totally understand your frustration. I had to buy mint the other day and was left wondering what to do with the rest of it - and there was a lot. For the price I didn't want it to be waster, but, it was. :(

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...