Monday, August 16, 2010

A Quick Bread from my Pantry

This recipe was adapted from Beth Hensperger's The Best Quick Breads Cookbook. I say "adapted" cuz I made a few substitutions using ingredients I had in my pantry. The recipe called for a cup of fresh cranberries and I used half a cup of dried instead and it also called for walnuts but I only had pecans. The end result was great and I just love it when I already have all the ingredients!




Ingredients:


1 c yellow cornmeal
1 c all-purpose flour
3/4 c packed light brown sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 dried cranberries
1/2 chopped pecans
2 large eggs
1 c buttermilk
6 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted


Prep:


1. Peheat oven to 425°F. Spray a 9x5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.


2. Combine the cornmeal, flour, brown sugar, salt and baking soda in a large bowl. Add the cranberries and pecans.


3. In a small bowl, mix the eggs and buttermilk with a whisk. Add to the dry ingredients and pour the butter over the top. Stir just until all ingredients are moistened and thoroughly blended.


3. Pour the batter into prepared pan. Bake for 35-40 minues, until golden brown around the edges and toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...