Monday, December 12, 2011

Christmas Baking Starts Tonight!

Every year, I give a box of assorted cookies to my closest coworkers during he holidays. Everyone loves them and nothing beats a homemade gift! Since I like to give at least 3 or 4 different kinds of cookies, I have to plan ahead. My hubby was out of town so tonight seemed like the perfect night to start my holiday baking. First up are some M&M Cookie Bars. Super easy using cake mix and any flavor will work. I like to use a lighter color like white or yellow so the M&M's can really show off. Of course, any candy you like will work here so the sky is the limit! Happy Holidays!




Ingredients: (16 bars)


1 box cake mix (any light flavor)
1/3 c butter, melted
2 Tbsp water
2 eggs
1 bag M&M Candies (any flavor)


Prep:


1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8x8-inch baking pan with parchment paper so that the sides hang over for easy lifting.


2. In large bowl, mix cake mix, butter, water and eggs with spoon until dough forms (some dry mix will remain). Stir in M&M Candies. Spread evenly in pan.


3. Bake 22 to 26 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely, about 1 hour. Life out of pan and cut into 16 bars.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...