Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Not Ready for Christmas to be Over So Soon!

I get really depressed when Christmas is over so I always try and extend it a lil while longer. Since my hubby just got back this afternoon, I decided to make The Neely's Spicy Mac and Cheese with Chorizo from their Christmas Special. I already had all the ingredients so it was really simple to put together. Roasting the tomatoes really make SUCH a difference and gave them a really nice deep flavor. They also get so sweet and juicy that they literally pop when you bite into them! The Chorizo added a really nice smokey flavor to the dish and literally melted into the sauce. I also just love the crunchy fried onion on top! Leave it to the Neely's to make the ultimate comfort food even better! It's still Christmas time in my book!

1 comment:

Food Gal said...

I know! How did the holidays sneak up on us so quickly this year? Sheesh. Hope your New Year is scrumptious and magical. ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...