Sunday, February 26, 2012

Ole' Chipotle!

I've been saving this recipe for Lamb Shanks Braised in Chipotle-Coffee Sauce for a while now but just couldn't seem to find the San Marco Chilpotle sauce. (Yes, I checked Whole Foods and mine apparently doesn't carry it.) Anyway, so I decided to get creative and used Ole' Chipotle Salsa instead. It's actually one of our favorite salsas and has a really nice smokey flavor. I LOVED the combination of the chipotle and coffee and the maple syrup added a nice hint of sweetness. I cooked the entire dish on the stovetop by just simmering it for 2 hours covered. The lamb was fall-off-the-bone tender and the sauce was just so incredibly flavorful! Served over some mashed potatoes and it was the perfect Sunday night dinner!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...