Monday, May 3, 2010

Celebrating Cinco de Mayo Early!

Cinco de Mayo is one of my favorite holidays and it has nothing to do with the fact that Greg is half Mexican. I LOVE Mexican FOOD! I love making it at home and I love going to Mexican restaurants. To me, there's not a single appetizer that can beat Chips and Salsa and there's NOTHING more comforting than a big plate of Enchiladas! It's quick and easy and we always have a ton of left-overs for the week. I like trying out new recipes and followed this one from Campbell's but used Hot Italian Sausage instead of beef. I love how thick the meat mixture was with the refried beans and cheese soup! I heated my corn tortillas by wrapping a few between damp paper towels and microwaving them for 30 seconds. The one ingredient I never change in my Enchiladas is Las Palmas Enchilada Sauce. It just doesn't taste authentic to me without it! (Not that I really know what authentic Mexican food should taste like but still!) Look at how pretty this big pan of cheesy goodness is coming out of the oven!




Now plated and ready to be devoured! I'm sure we'll be celebrating Cinco de Mayo with left-overs ALL week!

1 comment:

theUngourmet said...

We are big fans of enchiladas at my house! Perfect choice for Cinco de Mayo!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...