Sunday, May 30, 2010

Sunny-Inspired Pork Chops

I was watching Cooking for Real and Sunny made some Apple and Onion Stuffed Pork Chops that looked amazing! It was perfect timing too since I already had some pork chops in the fridge! I tried stuffing them but the bones in my chops were more towards the middle so that didn't work. So instead, I braised them in the cooking liquid along with the bacon, apple and onion. I also substituted lemonade for the OJ and pineapple juice cuz that was all I had and it worked out really well! I've always loved applesauce with my pork chops and this was a great variation. The meat was juicy and tender and just cooked perfectly! The lemonade also added a really refreshing flavor to the dish. I served the pork chops over some mashed potatoes and it was comfort food to the max!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...