Sunday, May 16, 2010

My New Square Muffin Pan

One of my favorite stores (besides Target!) is Marshall's cuz I always find great deals there. Whenever I'm looking for a new kitchen or home item, I always check them out first cuz I know I can get it for a much better price. The other day I was wandering around the store and found this Square Muffin Pan. What a great idea right? Why do muffins have to be round anyway? For some reason, I thought savory square muffins made more sense so I made some with cheese and black pepper. Cute and yummy!




Ingredients: (12 muffins)


2 c all-purpose flour
1 c (4 oz) shredded Cheddar cheese
1 Tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
1 c buttermilk
1/3 c unsalted butter, melted
2 eggs


Prep:


1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray pan with cooking spray.


2. In a medium bowl, comine the flour, cheese, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and pepper; mix well.


3. In a small bowl, combine the buttermilk, butter and eggs; blend well. Add to flour mixture; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened. Pour into prepared pan.


3. Bake for 20 to 25 min or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...