Sunday, May 9, 2010

Just Call Me The Scone Master!

I still remember the very first time I made scones. It was right after I bought my pink food processor and couldn't wait to try it out. I remember being nervous, having sticky dough all over my hands and wondering if all this trouble was worth it. Fast forward a year and here I am making up my own recipe and not even needing a food processor! Yea, I'm pretty proud of myself! I've learned that although kitchen gadgets come in handy, a lotta times your hands are your best tools. These are another batch of savory scones and SO SO good!




Ingredients: (8 scones)


1 c grape tomatoes (whole if small, cut in half if big)
2 c all-purpose flour
1 Tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
1 c sour cream
1/3 c olive oil
2 Tbsp chopped green onion
1/2 c shredded cheddar cheese


Prep:


1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper


2. Combine flour, baking powder, garlic salt and Italian seasoning in a medium bowl. Stir in yogurt and oil just until evenly moistened.


3. Mix in tomatoes and green onion with your hands; kneading 6 times. Turn dough onto lined baking sheet and pat into a 9-inch circle. Top with cheddar cheese.


4. Bake until the tops are golden brown, about 12 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes before cutting into 8 wedges.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...