Thanks to my new food processor, I can now make SCONES! The mixing was SO easy and they didn't turn out too shabby either! Although I think they're a lil softer than they're supposed to be so maybe I needed to chill my ingredients more before baking next time. They did harden a bit int the fridge over-night. Well...practice makes perfect right? For now, I'm just happy with my FIRST EVER SCONES! Cranberries and Walnuts, how can you go wrong? :)
Ingredients: (8 scones)
2½ c flour
⅔ c sugar
2½ tsp baking powder
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
½ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
½ c (1 stick) cold butter, cut into chunks
¾ c sour cream
2 tsp vanilla extract
½ c dried cranberries
½ c chopped walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicon mat.
2. Mix flour, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse to combine. Add butter and pulse a few times, until mixture resembles very large, coarse crumbs.
3. Beat eggs, sour cream and vanilla in medium bowl with wire whisk until well blended. Add to food processor and pulse until a soft dough forms. Stir in dried cranberries and walnuts.
4. Place dough on baking sheet and pat into a 10-inch circle. Score top of dough with sharp knife into 8 wedges. Sprinkle with 2 teaspoons sugar.
5. Bake 30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool slightly on wire rack. Cut into 8 wedges to serve.