Sunday, May 16, 2010

My 2nd Attempt at Tandoori Chicken & I Succeeded!

I just couldn't get over my Burnt Tandoori Chicken so I decided to attempt them again. This time I stayed away from the broiler setting on the oven and baked my chicken at 425°F for 30 minutes instead. Success! I let the chicken marinate in the yummy yogurt sauce for 24 hours and this time I actually got to taste it since I didn't have to peel off the burnt skin! I posted the "revised" version of my recipe below.




Ingredients:


4 chicken thighs, bone-in, skin-on
1 c plain whole-milk yogurt
1 small shallot, finely chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp turmeric
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground pepper
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper


Prep:


1. In a bowl, mix together the yogurt, shallot and garlic. Add the lemon juice, stir to combine, and then add the paprika, cumin, ginger, cinnamon, turmeric, salt, pepper and cayenne. Stir everything together and pour into a large resealable bag. Add the chicken thighs and turn a few times to make sure all of the chicken is covered in the marinade. Close the bag and place on a plate (in case it leaks) in the fridge. Let the chicken marinate overnight (the longer the better).


2. Preheat the oven to 425°F. Place the chicken on a foil-lined baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 180°F.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...