Friday, March 25, 2011

Frozen Pesto Cubes to the Rescue!

A while ago I read about Freezing Pesto in an Ice Cube Tray and couldn't wait to try it. It's such a great idea cuz I LOVE Pesto but can never seem to use it all up before it went bad. Freezing it in cubes meant that I always have just the right amount to spread on Panini, make a dressing or in tonight's case, make a very quick Chicken Pesto Tortelli. These are Pesto Tortelli from Trader Joe's, which is such a time saver, not to mention a GREAT deal! I just made a simple sauce using heavy cream and frozen Pesto cubes. I also added Chicken Strips to the mix since my man doesn't consider it a meal unless there's meat in it! Then right at the end, I stirred in some shredded Monterey Jack cheese cuz everything's better with cheese right? Quick and easy on my baking night!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This looks awesome. My boyfriend love's pesto. I'll have to make this for him sometime! I'm a new follower. I love all the recipes on your blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...