Saturday, March 5, 2011

Jambalaya (and Hurricanes) to Welcome Mardi Gras!

It's almost Mardi Gras so we thought we'd welcome it by making Hurricanes and Jambalaya this weekend. I've had a Hurricane during my New Orleans Trip and remember it being really sweet and good! I found a lot of different recipes and decided on an easy one with rum (of course!), orange juice, Grenadine, Simple Syrup and lime juice. I'm sure they do it better in New Orleans but ours turned out really good! Of course, man (or woman) can't live on Hurricanes alone so I made Jambalaya to go with the Mardi Gras theme. It's a really easy recipe using Zatarain's Jambalaya Mix. I couldn't find Andouille Sausage at the store so I used Saggs Atomic Hot Links instead. They were SUPER spicy and really good in the Jambalaya! Mardi Gras at home has never been so much fun!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...