Friday, March 25, 2011

Soft Like Butter(milk)!

I love the flavor of buttermilk so when I came across this recipe for Soft Buttermilk Sugar Cookies, I just couldn't resist! They taste like Snickerdoodles but the texture is a lot softer and there's just a hint of tang from the buttermilk. Soft cookies are hard cuz they're so easy to overbake. In fact, my 2nd batch went a minute too far and I had to toss them. (Sniff sniff...) These cookies are ready when the bottoms are only slightly golden, any darker and they're burnt! If you like buttermilk, you should definitely give these cookies a try. (Oh and do use shortening, not butter, cuz they contribute to the pillowy texture.) Happy Friday!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

That buttermilk must work some true magic in these cookies because they look fantastic! I have a sweet treat linky party going on at my blog and I'd like to invite you to stop by and link your cookies up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2011/03/sweets-for-saturday-10.html

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...