It's breakfast time...Mexican style! Traditional Huervo Rachero! I knew Greg would like this...ham, eggs, tomatoes and CHEESE on a FRIED tortilla, what's NOT to like??? A little messy to eat but who cares? We're at home! (Tabasco sauce is also a good idea if you like it HOT!)
¼ chopped onion
1c of chopped tomatoes
2 slices smoked ham, thinly sliced
1 tortilla (buritto size)
1 tsp Taco seasoning
1c shredded Mexican cheese
1. Heat 1 Tbsp of oil in a small skillet. Add the smoked ham and onions and cook over moderately high heat until browned on the bottom, about 2 min. Transfer ham to a plate.
2. Add another Tbsp of oil to the skillet along with the tomatoes, and Taco seasoning. Once the sauce is boiling, reduce heat and simmer for about 10 min.
3. On a second, larger frying pan, fry the tortilla in 1 Tbsp of cooking oil (about 30 seconds on each side). Put the tortilla on a plate.
4. Now fry the eggs sunny-side up over moderate heat in another Tbsp of oil until the egg whites are set and the egg yolks are still slightly runny, about 3 min.
5. Place 1 egg on top of each tortilla and fully cover the eggs with the sauce. Serve with shredded cheese on top.